Hwy 55 Burgers Shakes & Fries fits a niche between fast food and casual dining, offering our guests the best benefits of both segments. We deliver the convenience of fast food, with rapid order to table times and an affordable menu. But here’s our twist: our freshly-made food is a much tastier alternative to typical frozen, pre-cooked hamburgers and french fries.
Our menu is based on American Classics served in a fun, 50’s retro-style atmosphere.
Staples of our menu include:
- Fresh, never frozen, hand-pattied hamburgers
- Premium, sliced cheesesteak sandwiches
- Fresh, made-in-house frozen custard
- Cooked in a unique open-kitchen setting
Download a PDF version of our full menu here
Menu Upgrades at Hwy 55 Include 4 New Salad Recipes, 2 New Burgers and More; And Back by Popular Demand: Straight Cut Fries
New menu items at our 135 restaurants feature new sandwiches, new burgers and a new side. Yet perhaps the most striking addition to the menu is the addition of four new made-to-order salads, as follows:
- Spicy Shrimp Salad – Mixed greens, red cabbage, cucumbers, sliced egg, shredded carrots, fried onion straws, cherry tomatoes and spicy shrimp straight from the Gulf Coast
- Hwy 55 Cobb – An American favorite since 1937, mixed greens, red cabbage, shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes, bacon, sliced egg, fried onion straws, cucumbers, shredded cheese, topped with grilled or hand-breaded chicken
- Garden Salad with Chicken – A healthy alternative with mixed greens, red cabbage, shredded carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese, fried onion straws, and topped with grilled or hand-breaded chicken
- Garden Salad – A lite, healthy choice with mixed greens, red cabbage, shredded carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese and fried onion straws
“With our new salads, we’ve essentially eliminated the ‘veto vote’ from our diners’ decision-making process,” said president and founder Kenney Moore. “We embrace change and will always do what we can to give our guests what they want. They asked for salads and they are going to love ours!”
In addition to the new salads, we’ve made all menu items combo options and introduced several new selections, including:
An all-new BLT – Five slices of crispy bacon with lettuce, tomato, mayo, salt & pepper and served on sourdough bread
- The Moose Chicken Cheesesteak – 6 oz. of premium sliced tender chicken with crumbled bacon, ranch dressing, provolone and American cheese
Our guests missed our Straight Cut Fries, so they’re back along with a new can’t miss side: Tater Tots.
Finally, it wouldn’t be a Hwy 55 menu without some new burger magic, so we’re introducing the following:
- All-American Cheeseburger – 1/3 lb. of never-frozen burger topped with mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, pickle and choice of American provolone or pepper jack cheese
- Carolina Classic Cheeseburger – 1/3 lb. of never-frozen burger topped with mustard, onions, chili, slaw and choice of American, provolone or pepper jack cheese.